Our Approach to Asbestos Management
- Step 1 - Review known information and how you currently manage asbestos
- Step 2 - Control work activities at the premises until you can put in place measures to control the asbestos risk
- Step 3 - Survey the premises and collate data
- Step 4 - Develop a strategy for compliance.
- Step 5 - Risk assess known ACMs and set out priorities for its management.
- Step 6 - Develop long term management plan and regularly review.
- Step 7 - Inspect the condition of the asbestos at least annually and your review priorities and management actions.
Importantly - for refurbishment or demolition work, HSG 264 Refurbishment / Demolition surveys are required relating to the scope of the project, and should be carried out at project planning stage in accordance with Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.